January 13, 2020
5 Benefits of an HVAC Retrofit
Since heating and cooling can account for 40% of a retail or commercial building’s energy bill, it stands to reason that having an HVAC system that’s running efficiently will save you money. But while reducing energy costs is a great reason for retrofitting your HVAC system, it’s not the only reason that retrofitting makes sense.
We’ve come up with five more reasons why upgrading your HVAC system now will help your bottom line in ways that go well beyond lowering your utility bills.
- Customer and employee comfort: Customers who feel comfortable in a store are more likely to stay longer and spend more, according to a survey conducted by Riptide Partners, a customer experience consulting firm. Comfort is also important for employees, since productivity and satisfaction improve when work areas aren’t too hot or too cold.
- Healthier air quality: Inadequate ventilation and improperly working HVAC systems are leading causes of Sick Building Syndrome, or SBS, which can result in a building’s regular occupants experiencing headaches, nausea, and fatigue. Poor indoor air quality can be remedied by a retrofit that restores your HVAC system to good working order and ensures proper air circulation.
- Lower maintenance costs: Retrofitting your HVAC system now means that the replacement parts you install won’t need anything more than routine maintenance for the foreseeable future. Compare that to the cost of regularly having to repair parts that are reaching the end of their useful life and constantly breaking down.
- Extended system life: Replacing worn or damaged parts can breathe new life into your HVAC equipment. Retrofitting your system now can prolong its life expectancy, meaning that you won’t be faced with the expensive capital investment of replacing the system for several more years.
- Quicker return on investment: Since a retrofit can be done at a fraction of the cost of replacing your HVAC system – and can give you similar results in terms of energy cost savings and the other benefits noted above – the payback period on your investment is much faster.
Some of these benefits are more easily quantifiable than others in terms of dollars and cents, but they all go straight to your business’s bottom line. Retrofitting your HVAC system is one of the easiest ways to reduce your energy and maintenance costs while creating a more comfortable environment in your building. Contact the energy efficiency experts at Taper to help you get started.